HiFlow’s Print Production Workflow: Automating Your Production Processes
Print Production Workflow
Workflow management software aims to help your business boost productivity and reduce any bottlenecks or errors. HiFlow’s MIS/ERP system offers tools that automate your production and business workflow.
If your business has been experiencing hiccups in reaching its true potential, it could be because of a lack of proper production workflow management.
What is Workflow Management for Printers?
It is important to understand workflow management in order to grasp the essence of how MIS software can make it better. A ‘workflow’ is the sequence of tasks which result in a larger outcome whereas ‘workflow management’ is coordinating, streamlining and organizing tasks to optimize the work done by a printing plant. So simply put, workflow gets you results where effective workflow management improves those results.
It essentially focuses on understanding how work is done within a print workflow, and where friction areas hinder efficiency. So in a practical way, software tools are employed to automate processes which, when done manually, result in errors and setbacks. Workflow management provides a systematic and structured way of completing tasks to reduce waste, missed deadlines, machine shutdowns, additional make readies, etc.
Automating your print production workflow offers many benefits including improving your company’s financial health, optimizing production tasks improve efficiencies, and improving production throughput.
Print providers have many software options, from print management information systems or ERP systems, when it comes to improving operational efficiency and future proofing their business.
What Purpose Does Print Production Workflow Software Serve?
Workflow optimization software like HiFlow’s MIS/ERP system provides a way to streamline workflows and ultimately add to profit margins. One way it does that is automating and centralizing back-office processes, like customer service and sales, to procurement and accounting.
To help make workflows across your business as efficient as possible, centralization of data and processes is key. HiFlow can help you easily manage content in a central repository, a single source of truth, as IT calls it, so information can flow effortlessly from production to people who need it in your office departments. Centralizing and automating your digital workflows also reduces redundancies and improves accuracy related to estimate costs, production costs and real costs.
Further, workflow software from HiFlow offers:
- · Automated environments to reduce human error
- · Feeding and storing data in real time to provide critical information from the production floor
- · Smart scheduling using algorithms to optimize machines and labor
- · Seamless software integration with your business infrastructure, like accounting and sales
How We Help
With over 20 years of experience and 100 print and manufacturing clients, we are software development experts. With our knowledge, experience and team of experts we aim to exceed your expectations. We provide print production workflow software solutions with end-to-end functionality for all workflows in the process.
What Our Clients Say
I wanted one complete solution. When I saw HiFlow, with all its capabilities, it did not take me long to recognize that I had found my solution. I knew we could get more personal attention.
One of my biggest frustrations was calculating the WIP, which took a day and a half at the end of every month, and what we got was just a guestimate.” With HiFlow, end of month accounting processes take minutes, is exact and up to date.
Dale Ford, Colonial Printing, Mailing, Packaging
We chose Hiflow to realize the promise of a more customized solution, built specifically for our business, without pages upon pages of features – originally added for other companies – which we don’t need.
We also wanted a fully integrated solution with one centralized database instead of multiple, loosely connected databases. Hiflow’s superior BI reporting tools helped finalize our decision.
Peter Anton, Bradford & Bigelow
What Makes HiFlow MIS Better?
- At the core of our system is our exclusive workflow diagram that offers real workflow visibility of the production process, even the most complex packaging or POP product
- Scheduling—simplified. Workflow diagrams easily show the sequence of eventsin the progress of the job, so scheduling every process is a cinch.
- Harmoniously coordinate procedure paths that make sure everything is performed according to standard procedure adopted by the company i.e., ISO 9001, TQM
- A licensing model based on our customer’s REAL SAVINGS–the result of HiFlow Solutions system implementation before/after comparisons.
- Our CRM module makes visible to management all interactions between prospects and sales, customers and sales, and customers and customer service
- Our Customer Portal allows REAL TIME updates of, for example, Proof Out/Proof Approved to customers and company personnel
- Cost tracking in REAL TIME. Our software tracks real material consumption, shop floor data and supplier connectivity, i.e., if a supplier’s price goes up or down, estimating and purchasing will see the data in REAL TIME
- Greater profitability in areas of production by recording REAL TIME data. Management now has viewability of the metrics gathered by the software and can make informed decisions, such as necessary employee training, or machine repair/maintenance/replacement
- Not just one, but a team of dedicated implementation specialists will insure a faster Go Live. Our team is printing professionals, each versed in specialty areas of packaging, label production and all types of commercial printing.
- Fast order processing. Conversion from estimate to job is quick, as calculations and workflow diagrams are brought live for customer service, planning, scheduling, shop floor in REAL TIME
Is HiFlow the correct fit for your company? How does it work? What kind of features does it offer? Watch a brief overview.
How is HiFlow different from other MIS/ERP systems? What is a workflow analysis? How do I know if you can help my company? I have more questions…We would love to answer your questions and find out all about your company and its needs.