Flexible Packaging ERP
Get In Touch
MIS/ERP Software for Flexible Packaging
The sector of the Flexible Packaging Industry differs from the rest of the Printing and Packaging industries in its specific needs. Flexible packaging is a means of packaging products through the use of non-rigid materials, which allow for more economical and customizable options. It is a highly efficient and cost-effective way of packaging materials. This packaging method uses a variety of flexible materials, including foil, plastic, and paper, to create pouches, bags, and other pliable product containers. Flexible packages are particularly useful in industries that require versatile packaging, such food and beverage, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries.
HiFlow is a flexible Management Information System developed to automate the processes from estimate through production to invoicing designed by our industry experts for flexographic printers, packaging, label, and commercial printers. HiFlow’s MES module allows real time data from sensors to compare estimate, job ticket with actual production costs.
How we help flexible packaging companies
Flexible Packaging ERP software handles the complex needs and standards unique to the flexible packaging industry, including:
- Specialized quoting functionality for flexible packaging pricing
- Integrated processes such as converting, printing, mounting, extrusion, slitting, and laminating.
- Custom product “builds” defining length, width, gusset, etc
- Jobs integrated with shop floor using MES technology
- Complete traceability by barcoding, from extrusion through converting and from receipt of raw materials to shipment of finished goods.
- Tracking of inventories of raw materials, finished goods, and works-in-progress.
- Tools tracking including anilox rollers, dies and other tools
- Automated shipping by roll, box, or skid using the full bar-coding features of the system.
The Future of Flexible Packaging
According to Research and Markets the global flexible packaging market is likely to experience growth due to the increased adoption of blister plastic films, aluminum foils, and pouches in the pharmaceutical industry.. The US pharmaceutical packaging market is the major revenue contributor. North America is expected to have around 40-45% of the global pharmaceutical market in value and contribute to approx. 45% to the global market growth during the period 2021-2026.
What a Flexible Packaging ERP can do
The second largest segment in packaging, flexible packaging accounts for 18% of the industry according to the Flexible Packaging Association. The complexity of printing on a flexible substrate is daunting. The sheer variety of materials– such as polybags, extruded polyethylene films, overwraps, and rollstock– complicate the already challenging process. Schedulers must account for ink changeouts, equipment set-ups, and different cure times. Add to this the normal floor constraints of job deadlines, labor skill-sets needed, and post-processing activities required, and it becomes apparent how much a facility in this industry can improve processes with a robust flexible packaging ERP.
– starting from raw material up to film recipes incl. versions management to block specific versions
Structured production planning
– through structured printing tool and data management
Multi number ups products
– possible, incl. converting steps
Calculation of multi-layer compounds
– in the extrusion step
– for print orders
– already at quotation level by defining number of tool and color changes
High number of bag types
– like bottom fold, stand-up or pouch designs are configurable – The common ones are already predefined and ready to use
– of all production steps (extrusion, lamination, calendaring, print, refining) allows a clear view on complex compounds
Consideration of setup time
– for example surface treatment like slitting or sterilization for all production steps
– of winding specifications
What Our Clients Say
I wanted one complete solution. When I saw HiFlow, with all its capabilities, it did not take me long to recognize that I had found my solution. I knew we could get more personal attention.
One of my biggest frustrations was calculating the WIP, which took a day and a half at the end of every month, and what we got was just a guestimate. With HiFlow, end of month accounting processes take minutes, is exact and up to date.
Dale Ford, Colonial Printing, Mailing, Packaging
We chose Hiflow to realize the promise of a more customized solution, built specifically for our business, without pages upon pages of features – originally added for other companies – which we don’t need.
We also wanted a fully integrated solution with one centralized database instead of multiple, loosely connected databases. Hiflow’s superior BI reporting tools helped finalize our decision.
Peter Anton, Bradford & Bigelow
What Makes HiFlow MIS Better?
- At the core of our system is our exclusive workflow diagram that offers real workflow visibility of the production process, even the most complex packaging or POP product
- Scheduling—simplified. Workflow diagrams easily show the sequence of eventsin the progress of the job, so scheduling every process is a cinch.
- Harmoniously coordinate procedure paths that make sure everything is performed according to standard procedure adopted by the company i.e., ISO 9001, TQM
- A licensing model based on our customer’s REAL SAVINGS–the result of HiFlow Solutions system implementation before/after comparisons.
- Our CRM module makes visible to management all interactions between prospects and sales, customers and sales, and customers and customer service
- Our Customer Portal allows REAL TIME updates of, for example, Proof Out/Proof Approved to customers and company personnel
- Cost tracking in REAL TIME. Our software tracks real material consumption, shop floor data and supplier connectivity, i.e., if a supplier’s price goes up or down, estimating and purchasing will see the data in REAL TIME
- Greater profitability in areas of production by recording REAL TIME data. Management now has view-ability of the metrics gathered by the software and can make informed decisions, such as necessary employee training, or machine repair/maintenance/replacement
- Not just one, but a team of dedicated implementation specialists will insure a faster Go Live. Our team is printing professionals, each versed in specialty areas of packaging, label printing system and all types of commercial printing.
- Fast order processing. Conversion from estimate to job is quick, as calculations and workflow diagrams are brought live for customer service, planning, scheduling, shop floor in REAL TIME
OVERVIEW video HiFlow Solutions
Is HiFlow the correct fit for your company? How does it work? What kind of features does it offer? Watch a brief overview.
How is HiFlow different from other MIS/ERP systems? What is a workflow analysis? How do I know if you can help my company? I have more questions…We would love to answer your questions and find out all about your company and its needs.
Which Option is Right for You?
Find Out More About HiFlow
HIFLOW SOLUTIONS COMPLETE SYSTEM
HiFlow Solutions MIS software is an end-to-end management information system with tools that automate packaging workflow…
CUSTOM SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
HiFlow’s core management information system can be customized to suit your unique requirements. Based on your preferences’…
MES & MACHINE INTEGRATION
Eliminate touches, decrease errors and downtime, and instantly collect data by connecting HiFlow’s sensor interface directly…
One of the big reasons companies look for custom business software development services is that they’ve found prepackaged software doesn’t …