Workflow for Commercial Printers
Get In Touch
How to Choose Ideal Print Workflow Management Software
The term “workflow” can mean different things to different people. Workflow optimization. Document-driven workflows. Workflow automation. Personal workflow management. And yet every manager knows when workflows are broken.
But in fact, many print businesses are aware they have some issues with print workflows, but these time wasters often go unaddressed. How to address workflow breaks or leaks: look at a series of common repeatable processes and automate them. The challenges and solutions may look different for every business, but every business has opportunities for improvement.
How do you know if your print workflow is broken?
A bottleneck is a choke point in the production workflow that obstructs the throughput of job volume. Your workflow has bottlenecks when equipment breaks down or when an external event ( a power outage, lockdown ) interrupts the production sequence. Most of the time, however, bottlenecks are the result of ongoing but subpar manufacturing routines – a condition that workflow automation can cure. A factor seen as most problematic is relying on expensive labor or high-touch processes. According to Pat McGrew, one of the key ways to diagnose a workflow problem is to “walk your workflow” from job entry through delivery, identifying each touchpoint (human interaction) with the job along the way. Once you’ve done that, it’s time to look for print workflow solutions.
Print Workflow: Optimizing through Automation
In the commercial print marketplace, and for many smaller print businesses, automating their printing workflow can seem like a daunting – and expensive – challenge. However, the year of 2020 showed us that without a large degree of technological innovation, businesses will languish by the wayside as those who have adopted new technology make real inroads in the market. Meeting the needs of today’s customers means developing workflows that deliver every aspect of a job – text, data, color, media, address–accurately and quickly every time. According to Lois Ritossi, High Rock Strategies, doing this correctly requires more than just following the right steps. Organizations must create new workflows to take advantage of innovative technologies and achieve exacting standards.
What are the Benefits of an Optimized Print Workflow?
Again, Pat McGrew, of McGrew Group. “If you make your workflow really efficient, you add capacity to your throughput,” McGrew declared. “You eliminate those bottlenecks. You make it possible to bring more work in, spend less time processing it, and more time printing it and getting it out the door, and getting paid for it.”
What you get by implementing a comprehensive MIS / ERP, like HiFlow:
- · Improved efficiency of information flow and overall procedure quality
- · Reduced communication errors within the employees and different teams
- · Easy access to customer and employee data
- · Increased company profits
- · Reduced chances of failures, remakes
- · Improved productivity and time management of tasks
- · Elimination of errors while invoicing while reducing the invoicing time
- · Increased retail margins and actual costing data
- · Improved customer service
- · Minimized paperwork with reduced cost and waste
Why Choose HiFlow MIS?
HiFlow is a flexible Management Information System developed to automate the processes from estimate through production to invoicing, designed by our industry experts for packaging, label, and print production. HiFlow MES module allows real time data from sensors to compare estimates, job tickets with actual production costs.
We aim to provide the perfect solution to your problems which is why we customize the software to fit the infrastructure and needs of your company. We believe it is important to be original to stay ahead in the game. We provide a print workflow system that grows with your organization as our team of developers assess the future needs of the company in their initial assessment.
An investment in print workflow automation may seem like a large investment now, but holding back may mean holding back growth for your company– a mistake that no printing business can afford to make in an environment where growth and profit increasingly belong to those adopting Smart Technology solutions. HiFlow can be your solution to workflow optimization.
What Our Clients Say
I wanted one complete solution. When I saw HiFlow, with all its capabilities, it did not take me long to recognize that I had found my solution. I knew we could get more personal attention.
One of my biggest frustrations was calculating the WIP, which took a day and a half at the end of every month, and what we got was just a guestimate.” With HiFlow, end of month accounting processes take minutes, is exact and up to date.
Dale Ford, Colonial Printing, Mailing, Packaging
We chose Hiflow to realize the promise of a more customized solution, built specifically for our business, without pages upon pages of features – originally added for other companies – which we don’t need.
We also wanted a fully integrated solution with one centralized database instead of multiple, loosely connected databases. Hiflow’s superior BI reporting tools helped finalize our decision.
Peter Anton, Bradford & Bigelow
What Makes HiFlow MIS Better?
- At the core of our system is our exclusive workflow diagram that offers real workflow visibility of the production process, even the most complex packaging or POP product
- Scheduling—simplified. Workflow diagrams easily show the sequence of eventsin the progress of the job, so scheduling every process is a cinch.
- Harmoniously coordinate procedure paths that make sure everything is performed according to standard procedure adopted by the company i.e., ISO 9001, TQM
- A licensing model based on our customer’s REAL SAVINGS–the result of HiFlow Solutions system implementation before/after comparisons.
- Our CRM module makes visible to management all interactions between prospects and sales, customers and sales, and customers and customer service
- Our Customer Portal allows REAL TIME updates of, for example, Proof Out/Proof Approved to customers and company personnel
- Cost tracking in REAL TIME. Our software tracks real material consumption, shop floor data and supplier connectivity, i.e., if a supplier’s price goes up or down, estimating and purchasing will see the data in REAL TIME
- Greater profitability in areas of production by recording REAL TIME data. Management now has viewability of the metrics gathered by the software and can make informed decisions, such as necessary employee training, or machine repair/maintenance/replacement
- Not just one, but a team of dedicated implementation specialists will insure a faster Go Live. Our team is printing professionals, each versed in specialty areas of packaging, label production and all types of commercial printing.
- Fast order processing. Conversion from estimate to job is quick, as calculations and workflow diagrams are brought live for customer service, planning, scheduling, shop floor in REAL TIME
Is HiFlow the correct fit for your company? How does it work? What kind of features does it offer? Watch a brief overview.
How is HiFlow different from other MIS/ERP systems? What is a workflow analysis? How do I know if you can help MY company? I have more questions…We would love to answer your questions and find out all about your company and its needs.
Which Option is Right for You?
Find Out More About HiFlow
HIFLOW SOLUTIONS COMPLETE SYSTEM
HiFlow Solutions MIS software is an end-to-end management information system with tools that automate print workflows…
CUSTOM SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
HiFlow’s core management information system can be customized to suit your unique requirements. Based on your preferences …
MES & MACHINE INTEGRATION
Eliminate touches, decrease errors and downtime, and instantly collect data by connecting HiFlow’s sensor interface…
One of the big reasons companies look for custom business software development services…